Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Philip Island

Philip Island was the place to be. We rocked up intending to witness the sunset penguin parade but were most disappointed to find that Victoria Parks charged AD$20 a head to access the area around dusk. On principle we refused and went in search of penguins in the afternoon. This was free and although we did not see the parade we saw penguins.
Philip Island Fairy Penguin

Also the view across the Nobbies at the south end of the Island and Pyramid Rock to the east were excellent.
The Nobbies

Pyramid Rock
We drove back to Cowes via the car race track reminding me of my first visit to Philip Island in 1989 to see Wayne Gardner win the inaugural Australia 500cc Motorcycle Grand Prix. I went with Brad Edwards who I haven't seen in 20 years. If anyone knows how to contact Brad, please stick a comment on my blog.
We dined in town at Kristo’s on great fish’n chips then headed to our van park in Cowes.
Cowes Van Park

No comments: